you've got nowhere to go but here
She continued to make small talk, her light commentary on his intentions and perhaps even history humored him briefly. She was a charming creature for a queen, though he was ultimately caught been what he wanted to do. He considered taking her aid just because, but his primal instinct told him what to do otherwise. At best his father had imparted some knowledge of what women were good for, though truly Salem had misconstrued the good he had learnt long ago.

"This I don't need help with," he said gently with a smile. A kind smile, one that reflected many of the same smiles he had given as a child. "But there is however one thing I find that would require a queen as fair as yourself. Though I don't imagine you would care to consort with someone as lowly as myself. I make a poor gentleman, being rather stubborn don't you think?" He didn't allude to what he meant, but rather tried to avoid being out right about it. He wanted to pique her interest, he wanted her to ask him just what that one thing was. And it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

Messages In This Thread