Creeping slow, it's okay to be afraid.
Deirdre sighed, clear gray orbs danced warmly upon the slumbering pup as she listed silently to Tailiesin. She sighed again and looked up to the male wolf, she wanted to say something, wanted to correct what she allow slip forth from her jaws, but she knew perfectly well that once said, words could never be taken back. Loss does do things to you, especially if you allow it to damage you…as I have, she told herself lowering her gaze once more upon the sleeping wolf child.

“I am sorry…” She began bringing her glance gently upon Tailiesin, “You have felt loss as well, and here I am being selfish…” She sighed. “Please…” She began, “since your cub is sleeping…” She smiled, “Share with me your pain, as I have shared mine with you.”

She could not understand what was happening to her, these two beings; the child mostly, had somehow destroyed her barrier. She knew, however, that once she left the two her barrier would return to wrap around her and suffocate her in a state of loneliness unaware to her until she once again became engulfed in the presence of others.

Messages In This Thread