the crowd screamed, “sacrifice the liver!”
Continued from here.

[html]
The day that Corona would ever resort to attacking family would be the day that she no longer considered them family. It had been hard-coded in all of them to be that way, to always look out for one another despite the distaste. If someone lied a hand on any of them that bore half a tie to either parent, Corona would see fit to make sure they did not do it again. She was just as capable as Gabriel was to make someone regret their fatal choice. The distant look in his eyes made her wonder just what was going through his head, but the revelation was almost confusing at first.

But it was the way that he said it, in which made Corona bow her head for a moment. It just wasn't any she he had said. That word had weight in it, one that disturbed the surface of stoicism like a blow. “Is that so,” she said, lacking energy to reform it to a question. It served as a rejoiner, albeit almost bitterly. Maybe there had been a reason for her wraith actions, but what if she was misunderstanding? “I'm surprised.” Surprised in that lack of emotion way, of course. Levelling her gaze out with Gabriel for a moment, she frowned. “She didn't say anything, I'm assuming. It would be like her to do that, I think.” She didn't voice it, but Corona would have rather seen her mother die than abandon the coast.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread