Arrow in the Dark
[html]

OOC: Jaden can be annoying too Smile

Words-400+

The greeting Jaden had used was meant to be slightly off-putting. The last time he had met the foreigner, she had showed barely an ounce of anything but annoyance with the Alaskan. Her growling was a bit of a surprise because of this. But, when she suddenly developed the same annoying board and withdrawn look as before and also forewarned that she would still not give her name again, Jaden was a little off-put. The only thing she offered was a question just like before: “Do you need anything from me?” Because she had greeted him twice like this, Jaden figured he was not special and she greeted most everyone in this way. Drawing that conclusion and recalling the statement she just made: “There is no need to go looking for other wolves.”, revealed an objective, not-involved-with-others attitude within this female. “I don’t need anything from you,” Jaden sighed, “but there are other reasons to stop someone, aren’t there? If you never interact with anyone for anything besides simple business or even less than that, I imagine a very dull life would quickly consume your time...”

He watched her for some small gratification of his suspicions, or some small amount of acknowledgement on her slender body besides an answer that would dance around giving any information, which is what he expected. Taking notice of the dead bird in her teeth again, he went further and offered this wolf a chance to show something besides what he expected, “If you have a taste for cooked meat, I am going to try my hand at it.” He doubted again she would be interested, “I’m not a half bad cook. Or you can take some of the deer in the clearing. It’s practically untouched, if you can get to it before the birds.” Why do I care? Jaden found himself wondering after he finished. She is so annoyingly… He couldn’t think of a word to fit her. If she doesn’t play well with others, why should I care?Waiting for an answer, he speculated that maybe it was boredom, or simply because he wanted to see if he could affect some sort of change in this hybrid-wolf’s behavior. Maybe it was because she was so strange in so many ways. Whatever the reason, the night was hollow and empty without something to do. If she didn’t want anything to do with Jaden, he had weapons that were being neglected and needed sharpening and food that need cooking. There was plenty to keep him entertained, but it would not compare to having someone interesting to talk to.

<style>
.jaden-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jaden-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jaden-t51 b {color:#181913; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jaden-t51 {background-color:#B3B4A8; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011feb/jaden.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525344; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.jaden-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
.jaden-t51 .inner {margin:0px 10px 163px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#313229;}
.jaden-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #181913; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread