Clutch it like a cornerstone
[html]
Her eyes. They were one of the things that made her differ so greatly from the rest of her family, at least this side of it, anyways. The eyes of her father, the man that her eldest brother hated. She probably reminded him of her father every time she looked at him. Perhaps that was why Gabriel had left Arkham behind without even looking for him, just so it was one less reminder that their mother has slept with someone he detested. Maybe it would have been to obvious if Gabriel had simply let her run off to her death as well. Whatever the case, there would always be something that divided her off from her coyote side of the family. She looked more and more like her father every day.

Lifting her head, Rachias scanned the landscape with her eyes, searching for a sign of Gabriel or Faolin. She knew that they wouldn't let the pups get to far away from them, especially Faolin. They didn't seem to be in the immediate area though, something that caused her instincts to kick in. She would watch him, at least until he was ready to go back to them or find someone else. "I don't know." She answered honestly, the one thing that bothered her the most. Knowing if he was dead or alive was better than not knowing anything at all. "When we left the other lands I couldn't find him." "And your dad wouldn't let me." She wanted to continue, but she kept that thought to herself.

He seemed full of questions and when he inquired about her parents it made the girl smile the faintest bit. She'd followed Gabriel around when she was small, asking him mostly the same questions. "No, they aren't here. My father lives somewhere else and my mother went away a long time ago." She paused a moment then, considering her next words before she continued, hoping that he might understand. "Your daddy and I have the same mommy but our dads are different. His dad left a long time ago." Maybe she could teach him a thing or two, offer some knowledge, and he could surprise his parents with what all he knew. "But you and Tali are lucky, cause I know your parents wouldn't ever leave you." She smiled again, spirits rising slowly, whether she knew it or not.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread