If it has made you colder
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.kesho1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#162438; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.kesho1 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.kesho1 {width:400px;border:1px solid #3e4048;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... /kesho.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:195px;background-color:#919cb0;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#3e4048;}
</style>

Yay for Kesho's inner turmoil! Big Grin WC: 413

At Kesho's words of Kaena, Tayui had managed a distinct and honest smile. Though he knew it wasn't directed towards him, Kesho still felt that ball of awkward tension sitting in his chest. He had felt the warmth of someone's company with Talitha; she had treated him fondly and no differently than anyone else, despite his age. Could he find that again? To Kesho, he was a washed up old man with little future, and certainly no possibility for romance. Who would love him? Red eyes peered into Tayui's bi-colored ones with wonder, but his expression remained rather lacking. He was a fool to even consider this...enemy in that way.

Her expression changed as he demanded answers from her, and she launched into a string of words that Kesho hadn't prepared for. Every accusation, every admonition of ignorance, of intolerance, stung him deeply. This is what Gabriel meant, what Kaena meant. He suddenly felt terribly out of place, and it took every ounce of self control inside of him not to bolt from the spot, feeling worthless, uncapable of change, unable to look past appearances. Was this what he had become? Don't listen to that garbage! Bael screamed as it became clear that Kesho was considering her words, She speaks lies, she's deceiving you! Don't let her convince you. You're a demon, after all. Must he believe that? He could not be sure, but he supposed had always been this way, really. A racist beast who was controlled by anger, hatred, by the ferocity of his past. Controlled by Bael, tempted, teased, forced into blinding rage. But what more could he be?

Kesho sat. He could not think of words to say as his mind broke apart her words, each fragment echoing through his thoughts. He felt intense defeat and sudden, heartbreaking sadness at his pathetic life. Maybe Bael would finally win, this time.

"I...I can't..." he began, but failed again to find words. Sighing with frustration, he forced himself to speak. "Everything that you said..." he choked out gruffly, "is the opposite of what I know."

The Hydra was lost, and didn't know how to be found. Did he want to try? Did he really want to?

"I don't know. Maybe I should go..." he said awkwardly, turning his head with a paw raised hesitantly, crimson eyes seeking solace in the darkness. Who would help him now?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread