Theft of Pride
[html]

She had been following him for some time, content with watching his features as they changed with his thoughts. She could not tell what exactly was bothering him, but it was certainly something unpleasant. He did not say much, and when he did, she was unsure if he was being serious or sarcastic. She had only spoken to him a few times, and figured she had quite some time to figure this all out - who he was and why he had joined them. She knew Pilot as a friend and fellow teacher and student, one who had been an Alpha for a short time, too. She knew he wished to learn as much as she did, and his prior knowledge (if minimal) as being a leader had given her confidence that making him the leader beside her was a good idea. She knew Skoll from years ago, and they were connected through the lives and deaths of those they had loved. She supposed that since Skoll was both friends with she and Pilot, it made sense for him to be here. As for Kieran, he had been a member in her pack for quite some time, too. They had explored together, reading, and trying to learn when they had been living on Ashen Mountain. But what of this male? She had never met him before, and she was curious to know more about him. Where was he from? Did he grow up in these lands? Was he an ardent lover of learning, or had he simply been roped into this whole mess?

She frowned when Zexion spoke, perplexed by the question. "The mountain? We all did, some choosing to head east around the mountain, and others like myself, choosing to make their way around the mountain by the edge of the sea. Aside from those you have met, I am unsure who else chose to take this path. It was a rather disorganized departure... I lost track of quite a few wolves. That is why it is necessary we stake our claim on these lands before another wandering group tries to." She had only been able to keep track of a few when they had left. Some had departed with her, others with Fatin, and the rest in another group, she believed. She had seen a few members and had met up with others, but many had parted ways, making their home elsewhere.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread