and remember that you too will die
[html]

herp derp I am getting to my other threads eventually. why yes, I did make two separate tables for the snowstorm. image credit

The call had awoken the white wolfess from a restless slumber; she was still rather weak. Her eyes fluttered open, spots and sparks flying before them as the cut on her forehead throbbed with pain once more. She barely had the energy to get out of the bed, but knew that at a time like this, she couldn't ignore Jefferson's howl. Slowly, Xeris lifted herself from the bed, still in her two-legged form. The rest of her family had gone; perhaps they were out scouting the damages. But as she looked out the window, one thing was for certain--the snow might have stopped, but it had certainly left a disaster in its wake.

Slowly but surely, Xeris made her way to the place where the pack members had gathered, and sat wearily down against what remained of the ranch house's foundations. Her eyes had momentarily shifted toward the site of the barn as she recalled what had happened there just a few days prior--but then she got a closer look at the Patriarch. She'd known him to be scarred and ragged--though from what or whom she didn't know--but he looked worse than ever. And his arm...his arm was missing. His good arm. Xeris never learned the story of how Jefferson's now single arm had been maimed so badly, but recalled seeing it in a sling and scarred. She had thought that what happened to her during the storm was bad....but she couldn't imagine what Jefferson must have been going through.

He began to speak and she listened solemnly, dipping her aching head a little at the mention of her name. She was shocked by the damages that Jefferson recounted. So much of the Valley territory had been destroyed. The others began speaking briefly, telling of what they had seen and encountered, and once a quiet moment came up, Xeris spoke as well. "I have been recovering for most of the duration of the storm," she began, her voice unusually gravelly and a bit disoriented-sounding. "But I believe that most of the area around the lakes is relatively unharmed. And my family will be happy to help in any way that we can."

<style>
.xerav .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.xerav p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.xerav b {color:#363636; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.xerav {background-color:#4d7ebf; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/33p7ac6.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.xerav-border {width:404px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.xerav .inner {margin:10px 10px 290px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread