I will resume [AW]
As her pack mates gathered one by one in a loose knot around her. They stood amidst the ruins of what once had been the central meeting place of Phoenix Valley. It did not surprise the gray woman that they would naturally gravitate toward the ranch house, ruined or not. As her lime green gaze swept over her broken home, she realized that much worse could have happened. Her home was not beyond repair. It would be difficult to mend, but she realized in the space of a few moments that she was surrounded by those with helping hands and open hearts. It no longer seemed impossible to imagine that her home might some day be restored.

”It is sad, Geneva said, lifting her light green gaze to regard Ookami, and she offered him a small smile, her gaze sweeping to include the wolfdog, Jace, within their conversation. “But this damage is not permanent. No problem is insurmountable. I am grateful that we are all still here, more than anything.” That much was true. It had not been structures or buildings that had haunted her as she had been trapped in the storm, far removed from home. It had been the health and welfare of her family and friends and pack mates. They had not emerged unscathed from winter’s wrath, but they had survived nonetheless. ”How are you faring?” Geneva said, citing her gentle refusal at Jace’s offer for immediate aid. For now, it was important to secure themselves as much as possible. ”Is your shelter secure, comfortable? Do you need anything?”

Before Geneva had much time to react to the intrusion, Ty appeared. The battle scarred male put himself between his pack mates and the offending party, typical for the ginger colored male. The Nasphrite warrior had a natural tendency to put himself between his friends and danger. She was grateful for his presence, but she felt heat pooling in the pit of her stomach and flaring up through her throat to explode through her nostrils as she exhaled noisily, frost forming on her breath.
Despite her insignificant stature, Geneva was the highest ranking Valley pack member here. And although she did not often seek confrontation, now she could not bring herself to stay passive. Drawing herself to her full, though short, height, she stepped beside Ty, looking Lucifer straight in the face. ”Guard your tongue and change your tone, Lucifer, before you find your invitation to walk on these lands revoked,” she said tersely and succinctly, cold authority creeping into her tone. ”This is not your home; these are not your lands. You would do well to remember that.”

Geneva was furious, and it manifested itself in the form of quiet and contained rage. She did not often give in to her more powerful emotions, but she would not swallow them down in the face of such an affront. ”Naniko is a friend, but my feelings of affection for her do not extend to all in her domain. I will not suffer the annoyance of your presence long, wolf. You will conduct yourself respectfully, or I will leave Naniko to deal with you, after I am done.” Geneva was no fool. Despite the fact that Naniko was her best friend on the planet, she knew for a fact that the female had changed, and her darker side had driven her to more violent tendencies. Geneva loved her regardless of the way she conducted herself, because despite their different life choices, Geneva knew when it came down to it, Naniko would support her and deal with her wolf however she saw fit. And if she did have to tell Naniko about the callous Lucifer, if the punishment ran bloody...well, that was the Angela's concern, but Geneva wouldn't mind one bit.

She would not allow him to insult this land and its inhabitants with his insolence.

Messages In This Thread