I came to see the edge of the world.
[html]
Thread Information

Setting: Halcyon Mountain. By the end of the thread, they are at the base of the mountain near Anathema territory.

Time: Dusk

Character Form: Tayui is in Lupus, Hybrid is in Secui
[/html]

[html]
<style type="text/css">
.tayquick {text-transform:uppercase; color: #20466A; font-size: 1.8em;margin:5px 0px 5px 0px;font-family:camrbia,georgia,'times new roman', serif}
.tay00 {padding:0 5% 4% 5%}
.tay00 p { text-indent: 25px; margin: 0; padding:0;}

.hybridquick {text-transform:uppercase; color: #682020; font-size: 1.8em;margin:5px 0px 5px 0px;font-family:camrbia,georgia,'times new roman', serif}
.hybrid00 {padding:0 5% 4% 5%}
.hybrid00 p { text-indent: 25px; margin: 0; padding:0;}

.tay00 b {color:#14334F}
.tay00 strong {color:#4F1818}
</style>

Tayui Aston

She was here again. It had only been two days, but she was here again, waiting at the edges of the borders on Halcyon Mountain. Again, she was at the foot a short distance south of where she had met Gabriel. Then, she had not hesitated to venture close to the borders; however, today, she kept her distance. She knew that not everyone in Inferni was as open-minded as Kaena or as close-minded (but nonetheless unthreatening as a whole) as Gabriel and she did not want to take any chances. She slowly edged closer to the border, but paused. Why was she here? Because she was greedy. But what did she hope to accomplish? Nothing. There was nothing good that would come from this, especially a meeting with Gabriel. She respected him in a way, but disagreed with so much of what he based his life on. She did not want to invalidate that, but at the same time, it seemed so wrong to her. And she felt horrible thinking that, so she hoped to stay away from him until she could figure out what she wanted. She didn’t want to say anything she would regret.

Annoyed, she began to make her way home, travelling southwest toward AniWaya. Nothing good would come from this. She quickened her pace, hoping to get away from the clan as quickly as possible. Now that she knew her purpose for venturing here was wrong, she didn't want to stay any longer.

Hybrid Holocaust

Hybrid had seen the woman arrive, linger, and eventually begin to depart from Inferni’s territory. Well, edges of territory. Alright, fine – outside of the territory; but she was still too close for his comfort. He stalked after her, following her as she looped around the clanlands and headed south. He matched her pace and then sped up to ring around her.

He approached quickly, preparing himself to initiate a confrontation. He didn’t enjoy knowing how many wolves were appearing nearby suddenly. He hadn’t liked the look of that black wolf who had wandered by with venom-coated words. She had been wholly disrespectful and Hybrid had not appreciated it. Thus, this other wolf – who might have smelled a bit like the black wolf – alarmed Hybrid since he had not seen many in months.

He watched her from afar for a few moments before finally stalking closer. He stepped in front of her, intentionally blocking her path back up the mountain. From his lofty perch, he towered over her in his Secui form while she was only in her Lupus.

“So what the fuck were you doing sneaking around Inferni eh? Spying?” As he spoke, he flashed her a bit of his fangs. He lowered his head and peered into her mismatched eyes. He growled and pulled his flews back to expose his teeth. “Don’t come sniffing around Inferni again.”

Tayui Aston

Tayui was surprised about the incredible hostility this coyote was showing her. She had been ambling around, minding her own business (not really) and he had just showed up making threats and demands! She’d never had this sort of problem the last few times, so she was surprised to be confronted on her way away from the borders.

She was taken aback when he demanded if she was spying. She shook her head and took a step back. She got a rather sour taste in her mouth and wondered if that was fear creeping up on her. He was certainly an intimidating, if rather ragged, male. He moved with such a sense of purpose that Tayui suspected he had been doing this job – warning intruders away from the borders – for a long time. That did not make him any less terrifying though.

Even Gabriel had not come across as so hostile. He had been quiet and contemplating, yes, and terrifying in his own calculating way; but this creature looked like he made every movement with the thought of inflicting pain. His eyes were hard and sharp and his steps were precise and mechanical. Tayui took another step back and frowned, hoping she might explain that her intentions were good.

“I was hoping to talk to Kaena or Gabriel, but I decided against it. I didn’t want to bother them. I didn’t mean any harm – I wasn’t that close to your borders. I mean no disrespect,” she replied, and then quickly added: “sir.” She knew he was no gentleman, but she hoped it would soften the anger he felt.

Hybrid Holocaust

Hybrid didn’t know what made him angrier: the fact that she thought she could trick him into believing she wasn’t a spy for that wretched mountain pack, or that she thought Kaena or Gabriel would ever entertain the likes of her. He cackled and stalked closer as she stepped back, mirroring her movements with his own. His cackle quickly died down into a hearty chuckle as he examined the female. Not quite pure white, but with an odd stripe of tan and strangely mismatched eyes. He could see some of the fur near her red eye was a bit oddly parted, perhaps a reminiscence of a scar. Whatever it had been, it – and she – did not impress him.

“Don’t lie to me,” he snapped. “You disrespect Inferni every time you come nosing around here like you have a fucking right to it! You and all of those other fucking wolves fucking shitting all over our borders. You don’t think we don’t notice? Get the fuck out. Get out. I’ll skin you alive.” As he spoke, his voice rose and his words were quickly accompanied by a vicious snarl. He moved closer, fangs bared, waiting for her to do something stupid like the rest of the other fuckers.

Tayui Aston

Tayui’s fear grew every second. The short silent pause that followed her words was subsequently accompanied by a burst of violence. His words and his body propelled him forward, stalking her and watching her. She felt horribly alone and exposed. She knew he could probably hurt her and kill her if he wanted to. What was she? A warrior of Anathema? What a joke! She was a joke. She’d had some training with Skoll and friends a few years ago, but since then, she hadn’t pushed herself to learn any more. She remembered a great deal of her work with Skoll, and probably knew a bit more than most wolves, but that wouldn’t protect her against this coyote. He certainly looked the part of the warrior: she could trace the many scars that criss-crossed across his face and body. She suddenly felt ashamed for coming here thinking it was all well and good. Inferni was not as misunderstood as she had thought it was. They might not all be demons, but perhaps this creature was one of them.

And then, Tayui was struck with an idea. If she wanted to avenge her daughter, she would need to learn more. Become more… like him. He disgusted her, but what if he was willing to do more? She considered this, but as he spoke and stalked closer, her hope faltered. He would never teach her anything. It seemed as though he had taken one look at her and decided to hate her. She didn’t understand this kind of bigotry, but she didn’t need to understand it too well, she supposed. He promised her death and she believed it.

“I’m sorry,” she sputtered. She glanced down and then quickly back at the creature; she didn’t want her gaze to leave him for one second. “I’ll leave, I’ll leave. I’ll… send the rest of the wolves your message. I’ll tell them not to bother you – or Inferni – again.” She didn’t know what else to do, so she turned to leave. She backed up slowly, moving back with her head down.

Hybrid Holocaust

Hybrid couldn’t believe it. Who the hell was she? She thought she could nose around here and get away with it! She had to be lying – no wolf would ever warn others not to come by Inferni! She was tricking him and she was a horrible, lying minx. He would kill her for spying he would kill her he would kill her. It became a mantra and Hybrid snarled and stalked closer as she moved back. He could see her eyes widen in surprise as he moved forward and she sped up her steps. Hybrid’s snarls grew louder as he stalked closer and then attacked. He had his fangs bared as he lunged, but he could see she was already starting to flee.

Tayui Aston & Hybrid Holocaust

He was going to attack! That son of a bitch was going to attack her even after she had been very polite and barely near the borders. She moved back quickly and turned once he lunged at her. Since she had anticipated the attack – there was enough snarling and growling to let her know his intentions – but he still ended up grabbing hold of her flank. Tayui screeched in pain and thrashed about wildly, kicking back with her legs. Hybrid swerved out of the way and let go of her fur and she took this chance to get a head start and run away. Unfortunately, in his hulking Secui form, he was quick and agile and had not sustained as many wounds as Tayui had. Tayui fled, heading straight east to avoid scrambling up the mountain. In her Lupus form, she could easily outrun him in the end, but it was the beginning, now, that counted.

Tayui kept running and running. She didn’t dare let him gain anything on him for fear that it would be the end of her. His eyes were frighteningly vicious and

As Tayui was distracted with these thoughts; Hybrid used a burst of power to launch himself at her. He threw all his weight and landed on her back and immediately dug in with his claws. Once she felt his weight, she began to thrash and roll wildly and Hybrid lost his grip momentarily. She kept running with him half holding on, but soon he was able to regain his grip and dug in to each shoulder with his long claws.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread