more than willing to offer myself
[html]

300+ words.

Many leaders would demand answers and he was almost certain that the past leadership of this pack, the former King and former scarred Constable for certain, would have expected the answers immediately. Vigilante was not the sort of leader to make such demands of his pack members and he was more than willing to allow Alaine her secrecy. As the Apothecary corrected him, he did not argue back. The things that seemed so obvious to him might not be to the rest, and though he would not make such demands of her, there were those that would. He merely nodded at the compliment, a gesture of acceptance. He did not strive to be anything special, his leadership capabilities merely related to his own life experiences.

"She is well, as is his brother, Liam," he spoke with a tender smile. Ame was not spoken of. Though she was not a secret, the King did not wish to bring her into conversation on the daily. He had mourned in his own way and they had buried their only daughter together, and he had moved on to focus on the living boys that had already made such an impact on their lives. "And yours, as well?" The alabaster girl certainly could not belong to Alaine by blood, and the King was curious not only about the colliewoman's pups, but also about the adopted girl.

The caramel-hued King smiled almost ruefully. "There is much on my mind, and I am not as young as I was," he said simply. "I know very little of the healing arts, only basic field medic knowledge, but if you know of anything that may help, I would not decline, I do not think."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread