more than willing to offer myself
[html]

Word Count → 3+ :: table © sie

He was humble, but not irritatingly so, and absorbed her compliment with a slight nod and contemplative silence. Regardless of whether or not he believed her praise, Alaine knew his qualities to match his role, and she thought him a suitably good King. That was all she could ask of him.

At her remark to the health of his children, Vigilante seemed to noticeably brighten. The Apothecary was pleased to hear of the health of his new family - She had been unaware that he had had more than one son, but the information was wonderful. Two princes! It truly was a winter blessing. "I am glad to hear it," The colliewoman replied honestly, her emerald eyes still trailing the antics of the two pups before them. With a soft smile, she finally moved to lift the lid of her healer's satchel, and gestured for the King to take a look at the wealth within.

The two fuzzy bodies curled about eachother like the ying and yang - One was a soft blond and ivory, the other mottled Merle. "Elvira and Elijah," She murmured, waiting a beat more before closing the leather bag to keep in the heat their small bodies generated, "They are well. The other-" She gestured now to the ivory girl, sitting in the snow with his son, and her smile momentarily darkened to an expression that hinted at a deep anger and sorrow within. "I found her abandoned on the peaks. Someone had left her there to die... I have named her Odette, and she is now mine, also." There was a firmness to her voice that would allow for no argument, not even from the likes of a king. Within, the Apothecary had a streak of sheer stubbornness, and it was clear that she considered this girl as much her daughter as the two pups that had come from her own womb.

Her riled expression quickly melted back to a calm concern as Vigilante spoke of his own health, and she murmured a gentle sound of agreement. "Yours is not an easy task," she offered the king a gentle smile, wanting to give him some reassurance that his weariness would pass, "I will prepare some brews for you when I return to the hotel."

<style>
.al-txtsun-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:190px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.al-txtsun {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.al-txtsun .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.al-txtsun .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.al-txtsun p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.al-txtsun b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread