The flux of life is unpredictable
[html]

Sorry this is so late! WC: 379

A wave of relief hit Ty as a class did not slice his face when he spoke, but it immediately returned when Pontiac said she wanted to hear Ty's story. He had only ever told one other wolf, a close friend, about what he did in Mexico, so it took him a few deep breaths and a nervous glance around the territory before he worked up the courage to begin telling it. "I met an old pack mate in Mexico...Hoyt...a wolf I ran with when I was in Europe..." He began. "He explained to me that he had left Europe as well to start his own pack, and he convinced me to help him fight a pack of wolves that were in what he called 'his pack's land'." He swallowed hard, trying to hold back his own grief. "Blinded by old friendships, I didn't realize he was actually the leader of marauders...bandits...and the pack we were attacking had actually lived there for generations." Ty had to take a shaky breath as he tried to keep composure. "I only found out after a dying pup crawled out from a burrow I specifically threw a firebottle into..." He lowered his head in sham. "I had murdered women...children...to help Hoyt and his pack commandeer the land."

He clenched a fist as he continued as he spoke, hard enough that blood began to drip from his hand. "I made Hoyt and his packmates pay for manipulating me...but not without my share of scars." His half-tail twitched as he spoke, remembering the grievous wounds he took from Hoyt himself. "Returning here to Halifax, I thought I could return to a more relaxing life in solitude in Phoenix Valley." His glance turned up to Pontiac. "Until I realized...I had to face you again." He took another shaky, strained breath. "And considering how...pure you were, how caring and kind, I knew how much I had changed, what kind of wolf I became...wasn't good enough for you." His eyes tried to lock onto Pontiac, but they were now glazed with tears. "So that's why I turned you down Pontiac, because you deserved better than a murderer like me." He paused, taking a few steps forward "But...I'm not hesitant to...try again, even though you deserved better, I know how happy we were together."

<style type="text/css">
.tysunset b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.tysunset .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tysunset p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tysunset {margin:0px auto; width:399px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/9vblmc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 235px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B8B8B8; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread