Why do we fall? [AW]
His slowed down pace received gratitude from her eyes and body language although she would not have mentioned her troubles on her own, her pride had suffered enough damage as it was, she would not volunteer herself to break it even further. As her breathing eased slightly she watched the different emotions play out on his face; surprise, disbelief and then anger. She felt strangely detached from it all and yet at the same time solidly grounded in the middle of it with a heavy unmovable weight. She wondered what he meant by nerve and outright laughed as Pendzez mentioned once believing the man was honorable,

"I am not his first victim then I suppose, nor will I be his last from his attitude." She snorted derisively and looked away to the scenery they were passing through, admiring its beauty and at the same time wanting to smash it all into millions of tiny pieces for being so perfect while her life lay in ruins.

"How much farther is it your home?" She was curious to see where the healer lived and anxious to receive her pain number for some relief.

Messages In This Thread