Paw Prints
Quote:OOC~ Location: Somewhere near the territory of Cercatori d'Arte, Time: mid to late morning. Weather: clear and chilly. Mood: Light and open, a bit playful but if threatened, startled, or annoyed will quickly set up wall.

Paw prints in the mud, were they hers or someone else’s? She laid amongst the greening ground, the small grass buds growing taller as she watched them. She breathed in and then exhaled, her breath visible and lifting up to blow smoke. She smirked and watched her own breath lift up into the sky. Smoke, my breath reminds me of smoke. She thinks watching her breath as she blew it out from her.

Fire flashed within her mind and she clutched her eyes shut tightly. Go away, she yells to the images flashing about within her mind. Leave me alone, she whines. She opens her eyes to stare at the paw prints indented into the mud before her nose. She sniffs, but attains no scent. She sighs, and the images of fire vanish slowly from her mind. She stares into space, her eyes focusing and not upon random object. She huffs and raises onto her stomach, her head lifting to glance up to the clear sky.

She breaths out making a small cloud lift from her maw. She takes strange comfort in this, and watches as her breath vanishes. She sighs and lowers her head to face straight before her, her gaze concentrating on the many little songbirds returning for the coming of spring. She smiles to herself within their presence and watches as they flutter here and there.

“When spring returns,” she begins to tell herself lowering her gaze upon the paw prints stuck within the mud before her. “Hopefully that season will bring more with it,” she sighed and shook her body where she laid. It’ll bring the flowers back, she told herself, and the herbs. She smiled to herself, sage, roses, and moonflowers; oh I would love to have the scent of moonflowers and roses once more. Her smile rested warmly upon her maw as she thought of her many favorite herbs and flowers, and then she laughed and spoke out loud to herself. “Oh, how I would love to find me something for my ankle.” She laughed and then stood, stretching her forepaws before her and digging her nails in the soft sticky mud in front of her. It was a small amount of mud in a vase sea of brown and greening grass.

The she wolf stood amongst a turning world, winter was almost over and spring was on its way. Though she knew this fact, it still felt like spring was far from close. It was cold; her nose could feel the winter breeze pass over her. She sighed and shook again her gaze glancing in front of her and down at the paw prints that led a path too close to a pack’s territory. Were they her paw prints? She wondered as she placed her paw upon the print. It did not fit; instead it blurred the smaller print. The she wolf smiled and retook her paw to place in front of her as she moved forward. Slowly she traveled within the thinning forest, her mind and gaze lingering here and there.

Messages In This Thread