The Fantasy
[html]

Word Count: 613

Pixie’s violet eyes were drawn to a puffy-furred little animal that suddenly came into view. She didn’t have much experience with sheep—she had mostly passed by the small herds she came across, and had once killed one for food—but they seemed tamer for goats, which was a good thing, because she could recall all too well when she had a run-in with some nasty billy goats. It was another reason why she was glad that the Crimson Dreams horses had their own stables, so now she didn’t have to walk past the horned animals whenever she wanted to get Magic. This sheep, on the other hand, just seemed curious; she snickered as he called out a ‘baa,’ probably the funniest sounding noise an animal could make. “Hello to you, too.” She patted the sheep’s furry back, wondering how Magic would react if he ever got this close to such a weird looking animal.

Mars’s reply to her question hit her by surprise. He lived here now? Since when? “So you’re a part of Cercatori D’Arte now. For how long?” She hadn’t seen him on any of her visits here, but most of them were just to visit Skye’s house for the guitar and reading lessons. She could now read short sentences and spell most words that were less than six or seven letters, but she still had trouble with knowing some of the weirder sounds that letters or combinations of letters made. English seemed to always break its own rules when it came to spelling words and pronouncing them.

Then the black and white male asked the same question she had just asked him—a pretty reasonable thing to do, seeing as she didn’t live here and it didn’t seem like she had anything to do here. “I’m teaching Skye how to play guitar, and she’s showing me how to read and write in exchange. The lessons have been going on for…” She paused for a moment to think, taking a sip from the bottle of booze she had. “Six months, I think. I’m free to wander around here, and I decided I would come here today to take a break from my own pack. Let’s just say…we’re not the happiest pack around here at the moment.” She didn’t know too much about the neighboring groups of wolves and coyotes that lived near and around the peninsula, but she couldn’t imagine any of them feeling more sadness than the members of Crimson Dreams right now.

The next question thrown her way did make her smile a little, though. She didn’t think Mars would remember her horse’s name. Maybe he was just good at remembering. “He’s wandering over in the trees, that way.” She pointed towards the north, back where she had allowed the stallion to graze and run around as he pleased. “He knows to stay put, and now that spring is almost here and there’s not as much snow on the ground, he’ll be busy grazing. I’ve been teaching him to stay clear of the gardens—he’s still learning, but since there aren’t any that way, I don’t think it’ll be an issue if I just let him have free range.” As she spoke, she walked closer to Mars until she was about a yard away from him; she didn’t see the point of having a conversation with him from several yards away. “So…what’s up?” she asked casually, pausing to take another gulp from the bottle. “Any drama going on here, too? I know Skye and Bangle got together, and I heard there’ve been pups, but I normally don’t pay a lot of attention to what’s been going on here.”

<style>
.pixie-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pixie-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pixie-o10 b {color:#D0E0F5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.pixie-o10 {background-color:#6E7277; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/pixie.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#181A1C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.pixie-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread