The Fantasy
[html]

Word Count: 539

Pixie nodded and murmured, “Yeah, Las Vegas, that’s it.” That seemed like the right name. She looked up just in time to glimpse the grin that barely graced Mars’s face. It even made herself smile a little; she had never seen Mars smile before and had begun to wonder if he was the sort of person who never smiled at all. But no, he could if he really wanted to. She let herself feel a little accomplished for a moment at actually getting him to smile, if only for a few seconds, and then she continued to play her guitar alongside his.

He then explained where he had gotten the sheep. “When did you get him?” she asked. “From back when you lived in Cour de Miracles?” Pixie was curious as to where one would even get a sheep; she hadn’t seen a lot around ‘Souls, at least not in the big herds she had seen when she was further south. It seemed to be the opposite with horses, as she had imagined that a lot of wolves in ‘Souls were riders when in reality it seemed like a lot of them had never even seen a horse. There didn’t seem to be a lot of livestock in general in her pack besides Magic, one or two other horses, and the goats.

Pixie was surprised when she heard that the docile ram had bitten Mars and tried to ram him, but then she remembered that sheep were related to goats and was no longer that surprised. She did chuckle a little at the story of Axel ramming into the porch. “Then I guess I’ll just hide behind Magic the next time a goat comes chasing after me. He can take all the damage.” She was kidding, of course—she would never put Magic into a potentially dangerous situation like that unless she had a very good reason to. Besides, the stallion was smart enough that he would just walk away before the goat could ram into him. “I guess since ewes don’t really have horns that they would be easier to deal with—and they don’t constantly fight with each other over mates. I prefer sheep to goats, personally. Before we built the stables, Magic stayed in this cottage out in the woods where all these goats roamed around, and it was a pain in the ass to have to get him everyday because you could never tell when the goats were going to charge you or not. I’ve been kicked and rammed a few times by them, and trust me, it’s not fun.”

At the man’s question, Pixie shrugged. “I guess if I were ever offered one, I’d say yes. They seem easy enough to care for, and they seem like nice companions, too. Axel does, at least. But Magic is a handful to care for, so I don’t think I’ll be looking for another animal anytime soon.” As much as she’d like a little sheep to follow her around, she couldn’t have it be around her constantly, especially if she were hunting or going beyond the boundaries of the territory. She wouldn’t want the stupid thing to get hurt because it kept following her where it shouldn’t.

<style>
.pixie-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pixie-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pixie-o10 b {color:#D0E0F5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.pixie-o10 {background-color:#6E7277; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/pixie.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#181A1C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.pixie-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread