Is your heart still beating?
[html]

♥ 300+

The possibility of her feeling guilty about Denali's extended absence from the pack's territory with no word was already one that had been realized. Her mother had not told her what Denali had written in his note to spare the silver girl's feelings, but it did not matter, as Artemis had felt guilty almost immediately. There was no other possibility if her mind. Her adopted brother had been missing since she had fallen from the roof while playing with him, so what other option could there be? Though she tried not to vocalize it again, the young Marino knew that it was all her fault. It had to be. Silvano's words sounded as if he thoroughly believed them, but the small sister was unsure of whether or not she could even begin to believe them. She had only been awake for three days, but the prospects seemed so hopeless to her and she was hurt by Denali's absence.

She nodded weakly, a very small laugh forced from her, her body seemingly too tired and weak to properly laugh or smile. "She did tell me... I'm glad no one was hurt." She was glad she had not been hurt by any of the windows breaking in her room. She supposed she had been lucky. Her brother had grown so much; he had always been serious, but now he seemed more mature. It scared her in a way she could not explain. Silvano and Parker and her older siblings had been given the time to grow and mature and learn, but a month of her life had been spent slumbering in a room on the second floor of the mansion. What if that meant she was so far behind them now? She was small and frail, nothing like she once was.

The month of sleep had been uniterrupted and she had not known of those that came to visit her. She had not known how much time her mother had spent by her side and she had not known of the efforts her two older sisters made to heal her with no results. She had been playing with Denali on the roof, and then she had been laying in a bed, too frail to move her head to speak to her mother. But just barely, she could recall dreams, voices of her family and music, even. "I had dreams, I think... I could hear your voice, and Amata's voice, and Mama's voice... But I couldn't find you. I don't... know what anyone said, though," she admitted, forcing out more words than seemed possible to her. "Could you tell me... about what we already read?"

<style type="text/css">
.ArtieWF b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.ArtieWF-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#FFFFFF; text-align:right; }
.ArtieWF p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.ArtieWF {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#BAE4FB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... tieWF2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #92C7DE; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#92C7DE; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread