let them see your black heart, baby
[html]

It reeked of death and murder, Micah came to notice as he meandered about, or was he only imagining it? No, he paused, putting his nose to the air. I smell him. Not Razekiel, exactly, but scents so similar, intertwining, intermingling, and they were many. His ebon curls drifted before his eyes. What was this place? So far from the place he himself had been born, so far from the places he had been raised, as if Juniper Peace itself had avoided it knowing it had been inhabited by the Juniper alphas' murderer, for that straw-eyed demon that had stolen they and Storm Lily's lives in one night. Micah hadn't seen him since — but the day he did, Razekiel Lykoi would stand no more.

Just as he began to snicker at how his sisters might have hated the place, lo and behold, there they were.

Micah's ears flipped back; the girls he had not seen in so long, or at least two of them, suddenly in his presence as if a dream — No, no, Micah, that's what they would say, not you. Chocolate eyes darted between them briefly, then to the empty space beside them where Clover did not inhabit, and with an unsaid disappointment his gaze shifted back, only to be overwhelmed by the eldest of the surviving Juniper sibling runaways. The yearling was, quite blatantly, in absolute shock, but the feel of Sage's squeeze confirmed their presence. None hugged like his sisters, and no one would ever hug him but they.

He laughed, nervously at first, then heartily next; Micah wrapped his arms around her, the great pile of black curls tied to his neck bouncing and twirling every which way in the excited motion. "Sage— China— I can't believe it!" he laughed, squeezing her harder, then breaking away to embrace his short-haired sister next. Despite his gauntness, the male's arms seemed no less strong.

"I was just passing through, just looking around, and — wow — I had no idea you were here!" And Micah released China as well, the youngest brother stepping back to look between them. They had grown, just like he, but unlike he Juniper had clearly not left their blood and hearts. He made no comment on it; despite their peace-loving, ignorant ways of life, they were his big sisters no less, and he indeed still loved them as a little brother would. "What are you doing here? Is Clover here?"

<style>
.micah-newday .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.micah-newday p {padding:2px 14px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.micah-newday b {color:#A67C4C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.micah-newday {background-color:#F1F1EF; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... htable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #DFCC9A; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C6B694; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:16px; width:479px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 165px 0px; }
.micah-newday-border {width:481px; border:1px solid #383230; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread