Running the night shift.
OOC: I've been hibernating for the past few days with so much stuff to get through, so I apologise. ^_^'' Anyway, I freed up some spare time so I thought I'd make a random thread... nothing special, but I was tired.

The evening air felt moist against Velvet's fur. She had been wandering among the old headstones and statues of a wooded graveyard for the best part of two days, intrigued by the mystery and beauty that seemed to lay around every corner. By now, the outstretched gray sky above her had darkened lightly, and night was quickly taking hold, threatening to bring another bitterly cold night.

She had spent the last two nights in a small mausoleum that she had discovered, hidden in the undergrowth with a hole in the wall large enough to crawl through. Despite her doubts, inside was shielded rather well from the elements. A single stain glass window on the far side was missing, probably having fallen out due to the wall sinking slightly on that side, but everything else seemed dry and in place. Light filtered through the cracked, foggy window panes, dust floating like a soft rain through the rays of evening sun. Besides the gentle breath of wind outside, it was quiet. Very quiet... and she liked it.

However, she was not so eager to stay inside tonight. The air smelt refreshingly clear, the hint of pine and maple drifted faintly and the weather looked promising. She knew she could hunt tonight, or at the very least take a stroll. She had watched the odd rabbit plod between the stone and trees during the day. It wasn't uncommon to see a deer or caribou either, however she was well aware that taking one down on her own would be difficult, as she lacked upper-body strength.

No, a small, defenceless rabbit would do her fine, maybe she would get lucky and find a badger or a raccoon, just like her father used to catch... oh, yes. She had forgotten what a fresh raccoon tasted like. She had gotten so used to feeding off frozen scraps that the idea of a warm meal made her shudder with excitement.

The soft hoot of an unseen owl broke her thought. Velvet paused for a moment, digging her muzzle through the snow. There was no sent that stood out to her, only tiny traces of other wolves that had passed. Lifting her head she set off into the evening, her pale white glow stick barely radiating any light at all in the lack of darkness, however it still illuminated her features slightly, making her appear almost ghost-like among the headstones.

OOC:: Added to the post slightly, it seemed short. x_x

Messages In This Thread