The game of life is hard to play
[html]

Godmoded a little pushing Noah into the lake, let me know if that's not okay. XD

Internally, Micah struggled as to how to proceed from where he was; the boy was not particularly any good at fending for himself, thanks to the peace-loving idiots that raised him and managed to survive on a diet based almost entirely on plants and seeds. Micah knew himself to have more animalistic instincts than they, requiring an actual system of meat in his stomach, but the tricks and turns of hunting had never been properly introduced to him. He made for a terrible loner, in fact, and was well aware that he was better off in a pack again where he could be more evenly supported while given something to do. Other than spray painting graffiti on every wall he came across, of course, as if he'd been marking his path straight from Juniper Peace.

Micah had taken to try self-teaching as far as hunting went, a bit too ashamed to ask someone to aid him any further. Who would, in this area? He most certainly wouldn't ask his father, wherever the idiot was, and his sisters were probably just as inept as he was at the sport. Micah didn't know a single other soul, and so he stuck to himself, careful not to trespass, and made his best efforts at hunting alone. He brought down no moose, certainly, but small helpings of mice and early-rising squirrels had made for some meat on his bones, though the boy remained gangly in his coyote shape nonetheless.

Micah stalked a rabbit for some time, but when it finally caught him, the boy was led in a wild goose chase running it down — spiraling around trees, through the brush, up and down hills, through puddles and snow. He suddenly halted to an attempt at a skidding stop as he burst from the underbrush, the rabbit quickly disappearing from view; his skidding stop was not enough, of course, and Micah barreled unceremoniously into a complete stranger drinking at the lake, managing to grab at the ground to save himself but bouncing the gray-furred, one-eared, three-legged innocent straight into the water.

"Oh God," the yearling cried, peppered ears flicking up and down as he began to pace the water's edge. "Oh God, oh God, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean— there was this rabbit, and—"

Smooth, Micah, he thought to himself, smooth.

<style>
.micah-newday .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.micah-newday p {padding:2px 14px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.micah-newday b {color:#A67C4C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.micah-newday {background-color:#F1F1EF; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... htable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #DFCC9A; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C6B694; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:16px; width:479px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 165px 0px; }
.micah-newday-border {width:481px; border:1px solid #383230; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread