the faith you prove
[html]

Warm breath blew against his chest as the brood-mare sucked in his scent and snorted pleased murmurings at his present. Ezekiel rubbed her face with one hand and brushed the other against her jaw. It surprised him that there was such a parade on display—though the white girl, Odette, was not present, a stallion was prancing behind the mare. Familiar faces, one owlish and one irritated, stared at him from the woman’s thighs. The Hastati released the horse as soon as she was yanked away, dropping his hands to his sides unceremoniously.

He heard the fear in her voice and knew he was the cause. He didn’t want it to be this way. Ezekiel ran a hand across his face, felt the scars over his eye and knew he had done nothing wrong. Talitha’s response had worried him though. It had worried him enough that he believed there would be a need to defend the children . The hybrid did not fear his sister, but he did not know how Gabriel would react. His perception of his family had changed so much in the past few days.

But he smiled half-heartedly and looked at her with tired eyes. “Well, I missed Nana of course.” One hand dropped to his bag, producing the dusty books his sister had struck him with. “My sister didn’t seem to want my gifts. Or to hear the news,” he added without looking at the children. “So I figured it might be best if I came here for a little bit.” There was no fear in his voice, no unspoken threat, but he believed she would understand.

<style>
#zeke-text {font-family:georgia; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px 0px;
background-image:url(); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; }
#zeke-text .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial; font-size:11px;}
#zeke-text .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:50%;}
#zeke-text .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
#zeke-text p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
#zeke-text b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread