the faith you prove
[html]

Word Count → 3+

Her harsh words were instantly regretted. She could see it in the man's posture, the weariness that had stolen over him. It was a weariness of the spirit, and only Dea knew how to cure such a thing. He had not come for her children, and she was irrationally fearful of losing them. Ivory hands became limp on the reigns, and Nana's irritable chomping lessened, her neck stretching the distance out towards Zeke once more. Tired emerald eyes watched the mare, from Alaine's position perched high on her withers.

His weary humor seemed to be forgiveness, and the healer nodded knowingly. "I would hate to be the one to part such kindred spirits," She said sarcastically, although not without a hint of a dry smile to curve at slim maw. Confused by the odd amounts of tension and then relief that poured from the pelt of the woman sitting astride his mother, the colt flicked his long bangs in annoyance, tugging his head against the rope halter that bound him to her. It was the only tack she had taken from the stables - There were no saddles left to give to Zeke, and the halter seemed to work as well as a bridle would. He would simply have to tie the long lead rope around in a loop for reigns.

His next sentence should have alarmed her, but it didn't. A sense of resolution spread over the woman. They would come for her children, but she would be prepared. "Then your sister does not know their worth," she said of the gifts softly, but her eyes lingered on the staring boy at her side. Without returning her gaze to the hybrid, the woman continued, her accented voice soft but firm, "You'll stay with my family and I, Ezekiel de le Poer, for as long as you require it. You are welcome here," Shadowed eyes returned to him sharply, and her fingers fiddled with the knots about the pommel of her saddle, finally freeing the stallion's lead-rope. She held the dangling end out towards him. "And you will take my trade for the books you carry." Another small smile, but she was not a creature to be argued with, and this was something his father had learned quickly enough.

<style>
.aw-trinity {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EN9ZX.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.aw-trinity .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.aw-trinity .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.aw-trinity .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.aw-trinity p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.aw-trinity b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.aw-trinity i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.aw-trinity u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread