the faith you prove
[html]

Word Count → 3+

The man was intelligent, enough so that he saw her mild request for the deeper result it truly was. After removing the halter from his new companion, Ezekiel held out his arms to receive the two pups.

Elijah, as was expected, seemed to go into a small fit of glee at being held my his older brother. The small pup's slate and silvery body wriggled, his round blue eyes strained to see more of the man who so carefully held his little body. Elvira, on the other hand, seemed less than impressed. After her growls were ignored, the little witch resorted to sinking her tiny, as-yet only irritable teeth into the male's finger.

Being part-way through unsaddling Nana, Alaine tensed to the sound of his voice, her ivory fingers pausing a moment on the tack. But it seemed the male's patience for her children was enough to grant him immunity from the mother's worry - Another test had been passed. With a soft grunt, the collie-woman shouldered the heavy tack before finally settling it over a wooden beam at the front of the hotel. She then moved to take the spitting Vira from her brother's grasp, and tucked the fiery child beneath her arm. By way of apology, Alaine offered the male a tired smile. "I hope so, Ezekiel. Mo Dea, I hope so."

With a silent gesture to provoke him into following, the elegant mother entered the gaping doorway of the hotel and made her way down the hall to the stairs. The hotel seemed to be empty, but it still smelled of its old inhabitants, and the Apothecary knew that it must have been making the coyote edgy. "Come with me. We shall put the pups down for a nap, and I will show you my workspace." The room that held all the healing equipment that was not in the leather satchel sung over her shoulder was the kitchen, down on this level. Her room was up on the second floor though, and so Alaine nimble mounted the rickety stairwell swiftly, her footpaws silent on the otherwise creaking wood. She showed the male to her room - It was small and dark, with a ratty scrap of material used as a curtain to block out the light from the one glass-less window. In its center was a mound of rags on a mattress, fashioned like an absurd bird-nest, and it was here she placed Elvira, motioning for Ezekiel to do the same.

<style>
.aw-trinity {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EN9ZX.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.aw-trinity .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.aw-trinity .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.aw-trinity .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.aw-trinity p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.aw-trinity b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.aw-trinity i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.aw-trinity u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread