the faith you prove
[html]

Word Count → 3+

It was remarkable, the fragments it took to create a personality. If she focused hard enough she could see them all - The little pieces of Ezekiel, slotting together like shards of a broken portrait. Each little chapter concealed something crucial, something defining - A map of decisions that had crafted the young man's entire existence.

She wondered what his decision would be, when she offered him knowledge and the ability to fight death itself.

There was a potential to him, a quality that begged for the sculpting hands of those who would impart their wisdom on the male. Already, she saw the careful moulding of his previous mentor, eclectic against the powerful slices of his father, the erratic sweeps of his sister. So many intricate threads weaving together to create the whole - It was no wonder the coywolf was a charmer, complex as he was. He belonged to different gods than her own, but Alaine liked to consider the joy of Dea in his creation, and the power of belief that he could wield. A natural leader, if such a thing was real beyond the hollow words of those who considered themselves beyond being led.

His offer, given in the same casual indifference as her statement, was matched with a thoughtful glance from shadowed emerald eyes. He was wise to be careful in offending her, for the Winters woman was a proud creature in spite of the humility she had been forced to tote for so many years. One ivory hand of hers rose, aiming to settle on his own and stop it fiddling and scratching. "Ezekiel," Lyrical voice was heavy with responsibility, but thick with electric currents of an excitement that pulsed through her blood. "I would like you to be my apprentice. Do you accept?"

<style>
.aw-trinity {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EN9ZX.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.aw-trinity .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.aw-trinity .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.aw-trinity .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.aw-trinity p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.aw-trinity b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.aw-trinity i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.aw-trinity u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread