If I could walk a thousand miles
OOC: Sorry for taking so long. I was extremely busy last week.

Blackbird had lost himself in the past again, his heart longing for what could have been and what should have been as it so often did these days. Thus it was truly surprising for him to hear a voice ring out in direct contrast to his eerily depressing tune. She was female, if her voice was any indication, and a member of the pack whose borders he now sat upon. For a moment more he sat silently, the only indication he had heard being the stillness of his fingers and the tense pose of his body. Then he turned in the direction of the female, or as close to her direction as he could guess, before replying in a heavily accented voice.

“Senorita, my name is Blackbird, and I have been travelling as a loner and sometimes with company long before you were born. I hail from a land far to the south where the sun always shines and the earth stretches out into eternity. In all of that time I have sought a place to call home, but it has never appeared and I do believe that ship has long sailed past. However, I currently had a brief brush with my mortality, and…now I only request a place to spend my last days on earth, as I believe I don’t have many left. I will work hard and do what is asked of me, but I must warn you that if I sense myself or any of my morals are in danger I must warn you that I have killed many times before and would not hesitate to do so again.”

With that single warning he clasped his hand around his machete, which lay hanging by its strap from his other shoulder. He did not believe that this pack would cause any trouble, but he had seen to many evil deeds, many of them by his own hands, to ever fully trust someone again. No, he would know soon enough what sort of pack this was, but until then he wasn’t going to take any chances.

Messages In This Thread