{M}Speak softly, and claw your way out.
[html]

Word count 723 - 5 points

The coyote felt mildly victorious at the sight of the flying gun. The metal case had slapped the wolf’s arm, the sound making the young woman’s ears flick up in a self-congratulatory stance. Her mouth peeled open, the lightest laugh falling from youthful lips. The fae couldn’t recall ever drawing blood from another; her heart felt alive and exalted. In her ignorance and inexperience, Ykesha was unaware that the light scrape across the man’s arm would do little to impede him. She hadn’t wounded him, she had clearly just pissed him off. The girl’s ears, only moments ago displaying pride, immediately flicked back in worry.

Oh shit…

The wolf’s charge caught the white woman unprepared. Her body, standing high in pride, was completely off balance. As the golden luperci fled towards her Ykesha replied with the only reaction she could think of. Her left leg shot back. She cowered. Her thin arms raised to protect her face. And then the girl’s entire world was covered in pain.

The immediate blow unsettled Ykesha to a degree she wasn’t aware was attainable. She felt something horrible pierce her chest and rake along the length of her sternum. A scream lashed out in response - high and unnatural - although the coyote was so blistered by the experience she did not recognize the sound as that of her own voice. Blood exploded from the wound, spraying the man’s hand wet with Inferni life and dying the front of the virgin-hued lass a sinister red. Ykesha blinked, her mouth hanging open in horror and disbelief. What had happened? She began to shake as she looked down. Her breasts were dripping in gore. Her legs displayed trails of crimson that flowed their entire length like monstrous rivers amongst a winter landscape. The woman’s face looked up from her damaged body, shock nearly knocking her off her feet. The golden male was still near her and one hand was laden in the same red that covered Ykesha. Her face morphed into a horrible expression: half fearful, half furious.

“What?…” What happened?!

The girl staggered back, both arms immediately clasping the wound as though to hold her life within her, willing it to stop spilling out. She attempted to collect herself as her unfocused eyes searched for the threat.

He’s still out there.

Her mind rolled and twisted, stumbling over itself to find her opponent. So delirious was the woman that she couldn’t see the man not three feet from her.

He’s going to kill me!

The girl’s mouth fell open, a whine emitting as her bright eyes stared at the ground, focusing on it as though it would be torn from beneath her feet. I have to escape- She attempted to straighten, the ripped flesh grinding together so that her face wrinkled in agony and a whimper fell from her mouth. I have to-

And in an instance, the coyote froze. She could feel her heart working; blood oozed between her fingers with every passive beat. In that rhythm the woman paused, her mind falling still as though shocked into paralysis by an electric current. She needed to run? Where? Inferni had no use for the weak. Gabriel would not harbor her. Kaena would not shelter her. Halo’s face would simply twist into disgust. The young woman’s face trembled, the pain receding into the back of her mind as anxiety took its place. She could not defeat this monster. But she could not flee either. Her fingers tightened around the laceration as her mind was made up.

Ykesha, nearly overcome with the impact of her wound, sank to her knees and began to shift. When the seconds necessary had passed, a blistering secui stood where the optime beauty had once been. Before her bravery fled, Ykesha leaned back on her haunches, lips pulled taunt to reveal the length of her teeth. Muscles tensed, flesh bent and buckled. And the fae launched herself at the wolf, his form now clearly in her sight. As her brindled body flew toward him, her jaws split apart, aiming to engulf the bulb of the warrior’s shoulder. The woman was still saturated in her own blood, but resolve rested on her face.

By my own blood, I swear this: Ykesha’s voice snarled in her head. Either my body or yours will litter Inferni’s floor.

<style type="text/css">
.YkeshaRhoni3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#070606; letter-spacing:1px; }
.YkeshaRhoni3 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.YkeshaRhoni3 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.YkeshaRhoni3 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/Oa ... -TABLE.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #070606; padding: 380px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#070606; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread