New Places, New Faces
[html]

White fur inked by black flowed in the slight breeze. Blue eyes looked upon the world before her in wonder. Black ears flicked, listening for some noise besides the soothing sounds of the river. A she-wolf, by the looks of it, sat on the porch of a cabin long abandoned and left alone. The wolf had been traveling for months, but she had traveled swiftly. This place was... perfect. The female just knew that she'd find some actual wolves here. Not coyotes or jackals or other dogs. She could practically scent them, and her destiny.

Layla was born a dog in a city dubbed Toronto by the humans. When she was little, her mother would tell her stories of their ancestors. They were great inspiring tales of a brave, proud, and wild race. How she had wished she had been born in an actual wolf pack! Her litter mates would laugh and shake their heads as she practiced howling to the moon. One day, Layla decided she would join them. She'd look like one, act like one, be one of them. With the help of oak galls and beets, Layla dyed her fur. That night, Layla slipped away.

Layla closed her eyes and rested her skull on the long black stockings she had given herself. Her studs glistened in the light. Her earrings were the only thing she had kept from her past. Even the scent of her pack had even left, leaving her unmarked. How difficult it had been for Layla to stay in her secui form. She missed her Optime body. The height, her hands, the ease of lying on one's back and stare at the sky. Despite the discomfort, secui was the way to travel fast. Now she drifted as she rested here on the porch of a quaint little cabin, wondering to herself how long until she found one? An honest-to-god wolf?

EDIT:// OOPS! Sorry, I meant to post a short OOC comment about the place. Since she doesnt know where the heck she is, I didn't state, but she's in Musquodoboit Valley. Dx A-And I just realized it's closer to Anathema than Dahlia de Mai... -.-

Walk like this.
"Talk like this."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread