disHarmony
1. Character Name: Harmony
2. Character Birthdate (including year): Jan 1 2011
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: yes Luperci with 25% canine
4. Species: If your character is a canine, put their subspecies. Alsatian Shepulate/Tamaskan Dog 5th generation
5. Gender: Female
6. Currently played characters: List primary, secondary, etc. characters here. Primary - Harmony
7. How you found 'Souls: Not required for returning or current members google search

I remember better times.

My name is Harmony. My mom named us by what she thought she saw in our future. I'm not so sure. It's pretty hard to find any harmony in my life right now. My mom and dad are dead, and probably my sibs too. The ship we were on, crossing from home in Barbados to...well, I can't remember that part. It was supposed to be a new start, though I think our life was just fine before. It's a big mess now. I keep forgetting they are gone and wake up wondering why I am so cold. Then my mother's glazed, still eyes come back to me and I remember. The big waves, the dark rain, the shredding cloth, splintered wood. And, of course, my sister's scream as she went over. Abundantia never was a strong swimmer, so I wasn't surprised when my brother, Virteus followed right after her; he could swim anywhere, in any weather. No wonder I was really surprised when they never came up, or washed up, like my parents did.

Harmony tucked her chin down and murmured one of the prayers her father had taught them.

“Consolator optime,
dulcis hospes animae,
dulce refrigerium.

O Thou, of comforters the best,
O Thou, the soul's delightful guest,
the pilgrim's sweet relief.

In labore requies,
in aestu temperies
in fletu solatium.

Rest art Thou in our toil, most sweet
refreshment in the noonday heat;
and solace in our grief.”

She sighed and wished said solace, whatever that was, would come Soon! and do Something!

For two days Harmony had survived on tiny crabs and one unlucky seabird that wandered too close. She curled her tail around her nose and hunkered down in the slight depression under the bank. The stand of trees above her blocked her view of the land beyond the beach where she had finally made it to shore, except for the tops of what looked like impossibly sheer cliffs.. She had no idea where she was, and had been lucky to find the freshet that trickled the coldest water she’d ever tasted into a tiny puddle near her preferred overhang. The morning sun was still hiding in a bank of gold-tinged clouds above the ocean. It was beautiful, but the tear that rolled down her nose glittered just as brightly.

Messages In This Thread