M - calling the hungry
[html]

Done! Smile

He was a little surprised at the coyote’s answer. He had assumed that with as much violence in her body, she would have had to kill a wolf by now. It only made sense; what kind of warrior did not claim victory over a member of their cousin species? The conflict between wolves and coyotes was natural and old and therefore Hybrid expected of every coyote who called themselves a warrior to commit such a murder.

He was more surprised when she revealed she had murdered her siblings. Hybrid felt torn: why would she murder potential warriors? Why deplete the stock of future soldiers?

“Well you won’t be killing any of my comrades, woman,” he sneered. “We don’t kill our own kind here,” he spat.

He was surprised – again! – when she spoke once more. He didn’t like this laid-back attitude and he didn’t like how goddamn relaxed she was about this.

“I don’t know. I was thinking I should…” he trailed off, uncertain. He shook his head. “You know very little about Inferni and what we are. What we mean. I should show you.” His voice was laced with venom, but the hand he placed on her hip was light and caressing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread