Sandy Shores
[html]

Slay whooped a laugh, the frigid waters of the ocean shocking him the moment he plunged in. His thick fur had immediately plastered itself all over his body, swirling in the foam beneath him. It felt great to let it all go, and just relax! He hadn't laughed in so long, and now he felt free to do whatever he wanted to!

"Ha, we'll call that a tie, m'dove. You're littler than me, so you can run faster - but I made a bigger splash!"

His teasing tone was followed by a sly wink and a grin. Slay's head bobbed above the swaying waves for a moment, and then he sucked in a deep breath, pointing his muzzle to the sea and slipping underwater. Immersed in a sudden and complete silence, the arctic wolf treaded water, watching with wonder as the bubbles escaped his jaws and floated up towards the sunlight. With a powerful twist of his spine, he shot back up to the surface, bursting upwards with a spray of foam.

"If you wanna win so bad, you think you can hold your breath longer than me...?"
Perhaps it was juvenile for an adult like him to be playing pup games, but Slay usually took a perverse pride in going against popular opinion. And what better way to relieve stress? Hopefully Cercelee would be willing to talk a bit, once they were through. He was very curious about his new companion, as well as the sisters they'd left safely behind. It seemed as though everyone knew each other already, and he was the odd man out.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread