Sandy Shores
[html]
Slay indulgently paddled towards the shore, beginning to feel the chill of the ocean setting in himself. It was cold water, after all. As he reached the shore, feeling his wide paws brushing against sand instead of seawater, he pondered the question. Did Cer mean she hadn't heard the word 'godsend' before, or she hadn't heard of a god? Because one of those concepts was much easier to explain that the other... Well, she must've encountered different beliefs at some point or another, what with all the family she'd been with. She wasn't a pup. Slay himself wasn't particularly religious, certainly not after the treatment he'd received by the superstitious fools. But how to explain?

"W-well, it means... A gift from above, like you needed someone and then they came along to help you. That's like a godsend. My father - my whole pack, really, they all had shared those beliefs - thought that I was born to save them, to lead them, so they coddled me and kept me sheltered."

He shook vigorously, spraying the salty droplets onto the gritty beach. His heavy fur was now standing in odd, spiky clumps of black and white, and he gave a defeated sigh, plopping onto his haunches to wait for the sun to dry him. It was wonderful to have someone to listen to him...

"You really do have a pretty name, Cer," Slay commented, glancing at her with a somewhat sad, distant smile. It suited her. "I think that's lucky."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread