Sandy Shores
[html]

[ooc] -- i thought you'd be there.

holding daisies, counting stars. -- [bic]

It wasn’t so strange once the female thought about it, but the idea was still foreign to her. Help did not come from “above” or higher powers or anything of the sort, not as far as Cer knew. Help came from friends, sometimes family (although mostly out of obligation to family), and even strangers. Yet they were solid, tangible beings. They breathed, spoke, and felt the same way Cercelee did. Still, maybe it was the same as fate, luck and all ideas of that nature. Yet the year old female was unsure if she believed in those either. Certain parts of her life seemed preplanned, certain events seemed unavoidable and certain characters seemed destined to cross paths with her. As if someone had preplanned her life, written it out as a nice little story for the pleasure of others. Still, it could all be a coincidence. Whether to believe or not was impossible to decide for Cercelee. Do you believe in things like that? “Godsends?” The word still sounded strange to her. What about destiny?

Perhaps the male did. Cercelee smiled at the compliment of her name, and yet he also said that it was lucky. Was that just what one said? Or was it more? My name? It’s just a name though... Cercelee neither liked nor disliked her name, she never really thought about it, as she never really had to address herself, only suffer the unavoidable introductions from time to time. Everyone who knew my grandmother and my father thinks that I was named after her... my grandmother. Her name was Ceres. Not really the same but I can see why they think that. Although the female did not admit it out loud, she never doubted her father’s intentions. Her brothers, she had learned, were named for her grandfather and uncle, apparently both very close to her father. Of course she too had a name that was meant for someone else.

Do you think names actually mean anything? Other than just a name I mean? After meeting so many of her family members here, and learning more how they were all interconnected, she began to see how much weight many of her relatives, her father included, put upon a title. Worse of all was the sir name many of the seemed to tote, to use in introductions. As if a name brought them any closer together than they were, which with Cercelee and the rest of them there was a big distance in between. Shaking out her fur again, she smiled sheepishly and then laughed cheerily, dismissing the serious tone that their conversation was being to take on.Never mind about the names. I’m just talking, they aren’t important really. Do you think it’s time to head back?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread