At The Stables
[html]

Now I must apologize for the lateness! I got bucked off my horse and hit my head on Monday >_< And that's fine for it to be backdated Smile ONE MORE THING! haha does it matter the breed of the horse? any certain breeds to be used?; Word Count: 432!

Shanta continued to shovel out the dirty straw. She cleared out anything that was touched by urine or feces. She put the pitchfork outside of the stall and came out. She went to where the fresh straw was, grabbing two flakes and carrying it, away from her body, to the stall. She spread it around the stall, laying it out evenly. The young stallion in the stall rubbed her, he was very large, but like most of the horses in AniWaya, he was gentle. She rubbed his face for a while before she hopped out again. "Good morning, Liliana. I am sorry for the fright. I woke up, I am not one of those people to fall back asleep." she explained her presence to her superior. She watched the Nadie Tadita with the mare, Liliana's mare, Grace. She had seen the way Liliana was with the horses, as if no matter which horse she was with, they were connected, like the souls linked. Shanta hoped that she would be like that one day, have a connection that no one could break. She watched the other females eyes, the way they were bright, but. . . anxious? "Liliana, I promise, I'll take good care of everyone." Her voice was pure and honest, though she didn't think that Liliana doubted her, it just made sense to worry.

The only horse Liliana would seem to be growing closer to would be the young foal. During her duties in the stables and out riding, Shanta had seen her playing with him, switching forms occasionally to play equally with him. She knew that the Nadie Tadita was going to go away with her mate tomorrow. They were going to travel to "the old tribe" to see Nayati's parents. The old tribe was something Shanta wanted to learn about, Liliana better be ready for a load of questions when she returns. Other than going to be in charge of Animal Care during Liliana's absence, she would be responsible for the care of the foal, playing with him daily, assuring he got a full meal, checking that his digestion was good. The weight came down on her, but it was a good weight, one she would enjoy. "He'll remember you," she had walked over to the foal's stall. The young male was already jumping around, nuzzling his mother, being a foal. "He won't ever forget. I'll play with him, keep him in shape, he'll be ready to run forever when you come back." Shanta reached for the foal, pursing her lips, she made the kissy noise, it usually attracted young animals.

<style type="text/css">
.shantameadow-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.shantameadow b {font-weight:bold; color:#7692a1; letter-spacing:1px}
.shantameadow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shantameadow {margin:0 auto; background-color:#2e4a38; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/szdgd3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#98c2a6; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #2e453c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread