At The Stables
[html]

Don't stress it Smile Word Count: 477!

Thinking about the question for a bit, Shanta tried to remember. In her short life, so much had happen, a whole other history than what most new about her. But horses. Horses. In the short, stretched time she had lived, horses had always been there. She grew up with all kinds of animals, having been raised on a sort of ranch. Her mind wandered in her past, the good life she had, the Guards coming to execute her family, her sister's being killed, running away, traveling to the Americas, and finally, finding 'Souls. She noticed the tenses Liliana had used when talking about her mother, past tense. Empathy drowned Shanta in her emotions, her own mother, scent and image and voice, lingered in her nose and eyes and ears. Her father also came to her, as her mother had, scent and image and sound. Her brother did not come to her, however. Something in her stirred, was that hope? She didn't know, what she did know, was that she longed for her brothers presence. She looked up to Liliana again, and gathered her words, thinking through her story to make sure it was sensible and as close to the truth she could let it be.

Shanta shifted on Belle's back as she rode next to Liliana. "My family lived with lots of animals. We had a small herd of horses, maybe about ten or so? Anyways, they were one of my favorite animals. I loved watching my parents and grandparents work with them." Shanta talked about her family and envisioned the rolling land that they had owned, wooden fences surrounding their property. The smells came to her, smells she had grown with. Sounds buzzed in her ears as did the heat burn her skin, though it was rather cool out. Her mouth formed the words as her mind played the movie, "My parents and grandparents all worked with the horses, a lot of them really didn't need much work. We could hop on a wild horse after just meeting and be set to ride. My family all just had a connection with the animals, something about our auras they could just see, they knew that we meant no harm and would protect them. We did ground work with some of them, mainly stallions and younger horses, running them around and turning them. Then we would put reins on them and saddle them, doing rein work while ground working. Some horses we would sell, along with other animals." She finished her story and then looked at Lili again, "I'm sorry bout your mom. Whatever happened. I just lost mine before I joined AniWaya. I know the pain of losing them." She smiled faintly and then heeled Belle slightly and leaned to swerve between trees. She had learned to do traditional Western rodeo, barrel races, pole bending, roping, etc.

<style type="text/css">
.shantameadow-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.shantameadow b {font-weight:bold; color:#7692a1; letter-spacing:1px}
.shantameadow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shantameadow {margin:0 auto; background-color:#2e4a38; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/szdgd3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#98c2a6; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #2e453c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread