Lost
With a sigh, the small wolf admitted to himself that he was lost. He had been running around the pack's territory for hours, and he had not yet found a sign of other wolves. He would just have to fend for himself then. With this sudden realization, Bruciare stopped looking for other pack members and started looking for food. He looked around, and saw what could have been a rabbit scurrying through the brush. He sniffed the air. It was definitely a rabbit. Bruciare started slowly stalking his prey, getting ready to attack. With a sudden explosion of energy, the rabbit leaped away. The small Italian wolf ran after it. After a short chase, he had the rabbit in his jaws, dead. Now he needed a fire.

Bruciare had tried raw meat only once, and he definitely preferred it cooked. He had learned how to start fires along time ago, when he was a puppy. It seemed to come naturally. He started making a small pile of twigs and grass, surrounded by a tepee like structure made of small branches. Once this was burning, he started adding larger logs until he had a real fire going. Then he got three more large branches and made a spit to roast the rabbit on. He turned it every ten minutes or so until it was golden brown, then it was ready to eat. He sat back to enjoy his meal, staring blankly into the fire, thinking about his life.

As he stared, a thought came to him. He wanted to let someone else know where he was, but he had no way of contacting them. As he looked at the smoke trailing up from the fire, he got an idea. By throwing damp grass or wood onto the fire, he could create lots of smoke, which could potentially signal to someone that he was there. Now that he had a plan, he started gathering the wet wood. As soon as he put it on the fire, large plumes of white smoke rose up above the trees. Hopefully, someone would see it and help him find his way back to the rest of the pack.

(OOC: I'm so proud that I know all that about fires and cooking stuff on spits. Yesterday I actually got a chance to try all of that FOR REAL. Slightly less rewarding than I thought it would be, but now I can show off here! Smile )

Messages In This Thread