A world I haven't seen
[html]

300+

Nayati found nothing wrong in the fact that Alder had brought up his mother to help establish himself. Family was important and it only made sense to mention a mother or father or sibling if you were meeting someone you did not know, but your family was acquainted with. That was how connections and friendships were built. In the tribe he would often mention his father or mother if he were talking to an elder member to establish his own geography within the Great Tribe. AniWaya may have been smaller, but the lands around them were large and full of many other wolves and coyotes. It made more sense to use one's family as a bargaining chip than to push those facts aside completely.

The Gadui Kanati was pleased to see the boy finally come and join him on the other side of the somewhat imposing fence. It was not made in the tribe's fashion, likely a remnant of the past, but AniWaya had put it to use and it served its purpose well. "No need to thank me, I am only welcoming a friend." True, he might have not known Alder from any other stranger a moment ago, but the fact that he was Anu's son spoke volumes. Even though Nayati had only met the Dreaming leader once, she had made quite the impression on him and he respected her greatly. As far as the tribesman was concerned, any family of her's was a friend of his.

Nayati gratefully accepted the offering from the masked male. "Of course. They will be of good use, I am sure," he said with a smile. Hunting had been more difficult since the blizzard, so any food was a welcome gift. "He has served me well, as a friend and a steed. His name is Iye, it means smoke in my people's tongue." The stallion certainly looked his name, with his dappled coloring.

<style type="text/css">
.mastertable b {font-weight:bold; color:#1A4C6B; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.mastertable-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.mastertable p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.mastertable {margin:0 auto; width:449px; background-color:#61A0C1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... rtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #00293B; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#346888; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread