Something That I Want
[html]

"I want something that I want. Something that I tell myself I need. Something that I want. And I need everything I see." (--Something That I Want, Grace Potter) (The song used in this post--"You Were There"--belongs to the game ICO) (Nootau: Not Visible)

Ralla had taken the afternoon to just go about and enjoy the new spring air. She had already done so much after coming back that the whirlwind of activity was exhausting, something that Kemo admonished her frequently for, worrying for both her and the pups. She brushed it off and put up a front most of the time, but it could not be denied that perhaps she had taken too much on her plate for a little. Hence her walk.

Nootau, she noticed, seemed to enjoy being around a lot, and sometimes he enjoyed interacting with the living. She supposed this natural since he was only a spirit, after all, but although she said 'interacting', he very rarely spoke, if not only to make the off comment. That day they were near the borders of Beast's Grin Peninsula, where Ralla could smell the crisp scent of salt from the ocean and hear the roaring waves. Perhaps she should take the time to go the rest of the way to Cercatori D'Arte and get the art supplies she wanted so much, although that would be a day's trip if she decided to go all the way... No, she would save it for another day, where perhaps she had Sugar with her and the trip would be shorter. But she was also giving Sugar a rest, since he had already helped her haul more firewood and thatching and all manner of things that she felt had also overburdened the horse. It was a vacation day for all. Finally reaching one of the many cliffs overlooking the expanse of Beast's Grin's beach, she sat on a rock and overlooked the clear blue skies, a song surfaced like the foam on the waves. With a voice like golden bells Ralla sang it; a tune that belonged to a lonely traveler who longed for his homeland.

"The island bathes in the sun's bright rays,

"Distant hills wear a shroud of grey.

"A lonely breeze whispers through the trees,

"Sole witness to history."

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread