A Silhouette's Stream
[html]

No OOCC || WC→450+

As the figure turned around to face her, it was now apparent that it was male. His large ears reminded her of a coyote but he was unlike any coyote she had ever seen. Maybe he was some breed of dog she had yet to see, or a mutt. As he stared at her, her blue eyes stared at his. He had some strange, yet captivating red markings around his amber eyes. What a strange Luperci. He might even be as strange as her. As he apologized, her shoulders relaxed but her eyes did not leave his face. His smile was contagious and brought a small curl to her own mouth. No matter how hard Layla tried to be stern, she always failed. He seemed to think it was funny that he had startled her.

"Well, I guess someone can find it funny," Layla agreed to humor him. She was obviously not as entertained as he. She could respect why he tried to find humor in life, it was more enjoyable that way. He did at least make sure to ask if she was alright. If he had landed on her, she would have made sure he knew it. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine, just surprised." The male swam toward her. Her arms tightened across her chest. It was easy to guess that she wasn't used to swimming with strangers. Then he did something she didn't believe.

He offered her a handshake and his name. Her flattened ears slowly rose up on her head; studs and cuffs glinting in the sun at the motion. She quickly took his hand and grasped it, keeping the other against her chest. "I'm Layla. It's rare to find a canine that knows a decent handshake. You can't be all that bad, Revan Rajanikant." she said with a wide smile. She loosened her grip to break the handshake and ran her fingers through her hair. "That's quite the unique name," she added. "Oh, don't worry about it. I was just whining," Layla laughed, shooing away the subject. Shit happens, that's life.

Revan offered to share the water with her; obviously noticing her side-glance for her stuff. "Oh! Well, maybe for a little bit longer. I mean, there's nothing I really must get done," Layla said, adding, "No, I have no pack. I'm a loner. A-And, I'm from Montana actually. I just got here little over half a month ago. I normally set up a temporary camp in some caves north of here." Sinking her chest beneath the surface, Layla loosened up. At least her mind was off of Leon now. This could actually turn out for the better. "And how about you?" The female asked politely.

<style type="text/css">
.laylamask b {font-weight:bold; color:#39229c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.laylamask .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.laylamask p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.laylamask {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#0d2545; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/th2r6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#01060c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread