A Silhouette's Stream
[html]

WOTD || WC→550+

The male’s smile knew no bounds, it seemed. How nice it was to meet someone as happy as he. Normally, Layla would be simpatico to Revan. Steadily, she was warming up to this guy however. He was making it obvious that he had no intent to hurt her, though Layla rarely believe anyone did. “Why thank you. Not as original as Revan, surely, but it fits,” she laughed nervously. “I know, right? All the d- All the packs back home use it frequently, yet so few here do,“ Layla shook her head disapprovingly. “Why thank you. Do you know many other Layla’s?” she asked jokingly. Revan was being so friendly and she had this strange urge to be difficult. The female would probably stop in her antics soon, but for now she enjoyed her little game.

Layla learned possibly more than she would have care to about the surname “Rajanikant”. She was right, it was unique in the fact it was foreign. The guy was such a talker, it made her smile less awkward. The femme did find out quite underhandedly as to what Revan was. She had been correct about the coyote, but she would have never guessed jackal. She had only heard the word a handful of times, tossed at tricksters and thieves, but until now she had never seen one. And he was only half jackal. Somehow, the jackal in him made it easier to deal with him, despite his coyote heritage. Layla didn’t even understand why she disliked coyotes. Maybe it was because she was too obsessed with wolves to be any different. Yet here was a part coyote and he wasn’t nearly as bad as she would have thought he’d be. “Yes, I can see that. I heard jackals were very… antipack?”

Well, her decision to stay seemed to lift the male’s spirits, a task she was sure others thought was impossible. “Wow, really? All of my pack was native. But yes, you can find anything in Montana,” Layla said. The name Inferni hit her ears and they involuntarily flicked to the sides and back. The mixture of emotions throttled her. On one side, she had the urge to grind her teeth. She did not have the best opinion of Inferni from what she had heard. On the other side, she wanted to blush from the wonder compliments. She chose to ignore the Inferni comment and focus on the flattery instead, like any self-respecting fae would do. “Aw, thank you! You flatter me too much,” she replied with a small giggle.

Revan asked her what she was, specie wise. “Err…” was all she could manage for a moment. Regaining her standing, she replied, “I’m a wolf, of course. I guess it’s possible for a wolf to look like a dog. After all, all dogs are really super close, genetics wise. German shepherds especially, from what I hear. Maybe you’ve been surrounded by coyotes for so long that you’ve forgotten what a wolf looks like.” Now Layla was the one rambling as she shrugged her shoulders. Changing the subject quickly, she asked, “So what do you have to do later on? I mean, I’m a loner. I have nothing I have to do. But… you’re different."

<style type="text/css">
.laylamask b {font-weight:bold; color:#39229c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.laylamask .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.laylamask p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.laylamask {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#0d2545; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/th2r6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#01060c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread