A Silhouette's Stream
[html]

After your next post I'll start the next thread! || WC→450+

"Indeed," Layla said with a curt smile. She had never before met another Layla and didn't think she'd be annoyed by one. Yet, she could easily be wrong and annoyed that someone was calling her name and someone else was answering. The male stared intensely at her dyed fur. This made Layla feel quite uncomfortable and difficult to not show it. This male was quite interesting, even if his accusing gaze was too searching for her tastes.

"Oh," the femme said. she knew little about jackals. One could say that she never cared to. In her pack, dogs were the only important ones. Wolves were respected as their ancestors and included in their tales of old, but otherwise they were seen as savages. They didn't care for coyotes, never meeting a purebred worth anything good by their standards. As for jackals, they never even bothered to form an opinion. Layla cringed at his statement about dogs pretending to be wolves. It sounded so... shallow and stupidly lame when he said it like that.

Layla's blushing lingered from the flattery that he insisted was only the truth. What a ladies man, she thought. Thankfully she was sopping wet right now and would hold no dog scent for Revan to find. And after this dip, Layla planned to vanish as quickly as possible and mask her scent with the various oils she possessed. Revan should not have pursued Layla's secret. Despite the beautiful speech about him liking her whether she was a dog, a wolf, a butterfly, or a human, Layla froze and narrowed her eyes. "Oh really? Well, I feel so relieved I can finally tell someone what I really am... I'm a cat. A big mountain cat in disguise," she said sarcastically. Deep emotional moment ruined.

"So, are you going to tell your Inferni leaders about me? A wolf? I bet they'd have your hide," she laughed, circling around Revan and slowly swimming to her stuff. She tried not to bump him, but failed awkwardly. "Me? No, my days are quite free between eating, sleeping, and hiding my squirrel nature from others..." she drawled on in a sigh. "Oh, the life of a loner," she said. She reached for her pack and quickly clambered out of the stream. "Hm, well, now that I think of it, I should feed myself," she said as she quick slipped into her Secui form. "Good day, Revan Rejanikant. Thanks for the chat," was the last thing she said as she put the backpack in her jaws and left him with a graceful bound, hitting the ground at a full run. Her black and white fur disappeared in the foliage of the area.

<style type="text/css">
.laylamask b {font-weight:bold; color:#39229c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.laylamask .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.laylamask p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.laylamask {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#0d2545; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/th2r6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#01060c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread