Fireflies Light the Way
[html]

Word Count: 341

So he was from Inferni. But as though he could read her mind, he quickly explained how he didn’t have anything against wolves—a relief from the cold approach to wolves and dogs that the russet-furred woman who called herself Faolin seemed to have. “Is that so?” she asked playfully. “I’ve met someone else from your pack who didn’t take so kindly to me saying she looked like a dog. It’s nice to meet someone who doesn’t care too much about that sort of stuff.” Pixie was pretty sure that if she were part dog or coyote, she wouldn’t be ashamed, even if her parents were; she had already screwed up things enough with her family relations that being born with a dog tail or markings wouldn’t have made a difference.

The young blue-gray fae stifled a burst of laughter at Revan’s comment about her mother, speaking of family relations. “I doubt it…I was the tiny one in the family, that’s why they all called me ‘Pixie.’ See, when I was little, I lived in a small pack with my parents and siblings, and instead of our parents naming us at birth, we came up with nicknames for each other. My brother Melbourne was the first one to start calling me Pixie…he named himself, actually, after a place he read about in one of his books. But I was never one of Mom and Dad’s favorites…not that I wanted to be,” she added, grinning cheekily. She usually didn’t bother to explain the origin of her first name to anyone; oftentimes they would come to the assumption that her parents were somewhat cruel or strict because they never officially named their kids. They weren’t really cruel, they just didn’t see naming as their number one priority.

Her ears perked up at the invitation for a stroll. “Oh yeah, totally! I mean, yeah, that’d be great,” she said, chuckling along with him. Her violet eyes met his orange-gold ones, and she noticed the curious gleam in his and matched it with her own.

<style>
.pixieguitar-text {padding:0px 15px;}
.pixieguitar p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.pixieguitar b {color:#ff0457; font-weight:bold;}
.pixieguitar {width:365px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ffff09; background-image:url(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2927/souls49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:330px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5a2a2a; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread