[/html]
You were wild, where are you now?
WC: 350

[html]

She looked seriously down at the eager youngster, treating him a little as if he were another grown-up - she expected there would be many more such questions from both puppies and adults here - except for the small smile that played on her mouth, an unusual sight in the solemn wolf-dog. Liam was so curious, and she wanted to satisfy his inquiry as best she could. "I walked from many miles away, a pack called Samira. I was there for my whole life, then I came away to find out whether a different pack might suit me better." She didn't want to make it sound as if she ran away from her problems in her birth-pack, as this was no example to set a child. She did believe in fixing things rather than making fresh starts, but there had simply been no reason to stay and the notion of shifting home had seemed far too attractive in comparison.

The next question came in rapid succession, and she glanced down at her necklace. "It is pretty because it's like a bird flying, you see these arches are two arched wings, and birds are pretty, for they seem so happy and light in the air. It is nice to watch birds, and try and be like them sometimes, free and careless," she said, turning the pendant this way and that to catch the light. But there was a note of sobriety in her voice even as her talk was all of feathered freedom, and the words came a little stilted, as if a lesson that had been learned. Truth be told, Caspa probably had as much to learn from Liam if anything; he was bold, direct and friendly and she felt more comfortable to be here in his home, after meeting him, than before. She suddenly realised maybe they'd been talking for a few minutes, and he'd been in a hurry before she'd distracted him; hopefully she hadn't been keeping him from anything. "Do you have family here who might wonder where you are, Liam?"

Messages In This Thread