[AW] I Saw the Top of the World
[html]

Word Count → 330
You kidding? I'm the one who held things up here. -_-

Well, this meeting was going well, wasn't it? Io wanted the wolves to leave as soon as possible. The newcomer, who introduced himself as Jaden, apparently didn't agree with multi-species equality. That was fine with Darkness, just like everything else in his life. Jaden had a point; neither wolf had crossed the border, which meant that the Infernians didn't have any right to send them away just yet. They weren't threatening to cross the border, were they?

Aeron had a point as well. They were pretty close. Still, it would be rude for Darkness to abandon Jaden and this conversation the four had going on. He hardly noticed Layla's approach until he heard her voice, greeting the wolves and coyotes alike with a polite greeting. His tail began to wag; he had met her at Halcyon Mountain when he had first come to 'Souls. What a coincidence that their paths crossed again, even if the time and comment were somewhat inappropriate for the situation. He was all for friendliness, after all, even in the most hostile of situations.

Darkness turned his attention back to the coyotes, pointing at Layla in a friendly gesture. "That's Layla. I met her at the mountains just north of here. You know her, too, Jaden?" He glanced quickly to the brute, not really expecting an answer, before looking at Io and Aeron once more. Using Layla's presence to point out that the Infernians were now outnumbered hardly occurred to him. "C'mon, I think we can all get along here now. We're not going to hurt you." To prove his point, he held his empty hands in the air briefly. Then he took off his satchel and opened it, showing off the empty jar that took up the space inside. "No weapons, no harm." He smiled, then turned to Jaden. "We've got no reason to hurt them." His tone was almost challenging, daring Jaden to reveal a weapon when he saw no need to get violent.

<style>
.kfree-03 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.kfree-03 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.kfree-03 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.kfree-03 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread