Quelling the storm
[html]

No worries at all! <3 This is the longest post I've written in a LONG time o.o Don't worry, the next one will not be this long, I can guarantee you XD

She had failed at climbing the Highrocks the first time she had tried, needing to abandon the futile effort and save Anu from the pull of the Lenape river. It had ended up being for the best, but she had not been able to get the thought of the towering cathedral of rocks out of her mind since that day. The day before she had traveled to the place again, crossed the river, and stood staring up at the heights for a long time. Finally, as she had before, she delicately placed Denali's mask upon the first and shortest outcrop of rock and tried to climb it. The woman was met with just as much success as before, and that was to say none. With how tight her muscles still were, it was impossible to do this in her four legged form. Savina had not made any attempts to shift since the fight, but surely now she would be able to? The Consul sat and willed the change of her body. It took longer than she was used to, and there was pain in it where the scars on her shoulder, ribs, and thigh stretched. The transformation finished with her kneeling and panting. She had done it though.

When she regained some strength she checked to make sure none of the scars had reopened, and thankfully they hadn't. Shakily the alpha stood, though was careful about putting too much of her weight on her left leg. Slender fingers touched the scar on her thigh were the bone dagger had stabbed deep into her flesh, the same dagger that had spilled her son's blood and ended his life. Savina sighed heavily, but walked to the rocky outcrop and climbed on top of it. Lovingly she picked up Denali's mask and pulled it over her head, the metal of the mask resting on the waves of her hair that covered her shoulders and back. Then she began to climb, slowly, but higher and higher. By the time night fell she had not reached the top, but had still managed to get a good ways up the rocks.

Savina lay on her back and looked up at the multitude of stars that littered the night sky. Whatever had told her that she would find at least momentary peace up here was right. She felt so close to everything: the tops of the trees, the heavens itself. She could not say how long her eyes watched the stars before she drifted into sleep and was greeted with the dream that now haunted her whenever unconsciousness took her.

The mist was all around her and she could make nothing out. There was no trees, no buildings, not anything. Just a misty gray world filled with emptiness. Savina began to walk, trying to find someone, anyone, to talk to. Soon a figure began to take shape and her heart constricted when she recognized it. "Denali?" It was her son, it could be no one else. His back was turned to her and she started to walk forward. "Denali, it's me!" He did not turn around. "Denali I'm sorry! I should have come after you! I should have saved you from her! I'm so sorry!" Tears streamed down her face as her feet began to run, arms reaching out for her boy, but the farther she ran, the further away he became and never once did he turn around to look at her. Soon enough he was eaten back up into the fog. "DENALI!" she cried once more before falling to her knees and hiding her face in her hands as she wailed into oblivion.

Tear drowned eyes opened just as light was seeping back into the world. Savina exhaled a shuddering sigh as a hand went to wipe away the stains her crying had left upon her face. The grieving mother sat up numbly and looked around, but the peace she had captured last night was gone. It was time to return her feet back to the ground. She climbed down the opposite side, the one closer to the Silver Showers, but her progress was slow and halting. Her muscles were very sore from her efforts of the day before and by the time she reached solid ground again she was noticeably favoring her right leg.

A sudden shout and roar of unadulterated pain made the woman jump. Whoever it was, they were nearby. Savina limped a short distance and then saw the figured of Leon curled in upon himself in front of the falling water of the showers. Ears pulled back in sympathy as she recognized the pain that the male was reeling from. It was the pain of loss. The same pain that had plagued her constantly since she had learned the fate that had befallen her son. The Consul tentatively limped towards the man and looked down on him with understanding in her eyes. "I'm sorry," she whispered. Savina did not know Leon well, nor did she know what it was that caused his pain, but that did not matter. She recognized his agony as her own, and she was sorry that he was suffering.

<style type="text/css">
.savisadfreeb b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e888e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #151515; }
.savisadfreeb-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; text-align:center;}
.savisadfreeb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.savisadfreeb {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#3d3d3d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... isad01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #7e888e; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
.savisadfreeb-border1 {width:466px; border:1px solid #151515; margin:0 auto;}
.savisadfreeb-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #323638; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
500+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread