Quelling the storm
Leon didn't notice the Consul approach him as he continued crying quietly, his shoulders shaking. He wrestled with his emotions, attempting to bring them under control. But every time he came close, an image of his family, torn and dead, forced another choked cry. Even when Savina spoke to him, he could hardly hear her. He raised his head a little and lowered, then looked into, his hands. He could sense her own anguish, and knew it was caused by a loss similar to his own.

Choking back another sob, Leon cleared his throat, and said in a raspy voice. "It seems like life just enjoys toying with our our emotions, doesn't it? Right as things to get better, we hit a cliff, and fall right back down..." He noticed she was in her Optime form, and was only partially surprised that she had an imposing form. Not masculine, nor ugly, but the same as when he first met her, like an air of authority. This put Leon to ease, feeling at home slightly more than usual. "I'm sorry for you, madam Marino... Unless I am mistaken, you've suffered much more recently than myself." He said slowly, in a soft tone.

Messages In This Thread