The Rabbit, The Wolf, and the...
Keeping up with Leonard, Layla kept her blue gaze flicking about their surroundings. They watched for company, but more importantly were filing this stream of information to straight to her photographic memory. The female was excited at being inside the lands of an actual live wolf pack. Her dream of a better, more adventurous life was coming ever closer to reality. Her maw had hung slightly ajar ever since the border. It drank in the scents around her. A part of her anticipated meeting the others but that was the part that had its head in the clouds. The rational side knew better than that. Not that she had anything to hide or worry about, but this trip would go most smoothly with no interruptions.

Layla did stick close to Leonard. She heeded his personal space but otherwise walked by his right side. Layla turned her head to Leonard to smile at him as he spoke. "It's no matter. Being in pack lands is refreshing for me. Well worth the travel," she replied. Looking ahead of them, she continued, "You are right though. I think it’s the colors of sunsets and rises that does it. You know, it is said that no two are the same." Her smile had softened and she thought back to the person that had went on about different sayings all the time. "It’s difficult to disappoint some that expects nothing."

A little wooden building had appeared on the horizon. How quaint, Layla thought to herself. It looked cozy compared to the caves she normally occupied. Her ears flicked to catch Leonard's next words. "Um, which ever you prefer. I am but a guest in your lands and anything is better than nothing." she said in response. Blue eyes checked the sun's height in correspondence with the horizon. Three hours or so until sunset, she commented mentally. "Do we not have enough time to make it to the beach?" she asked, tilting her head a tick to the right.

Messages In This Thread