The Rabbit, The Wolf, and the...
[html]

"Hmm..." Layla mumbled as she thought about how true his question was. After little self debate, Layla nodded. "Normally, I'd say so. If you expect nothing, you delight in all the splenders yet don't get nearly as disappointed as you would be if you were," Layla explained. Maybe she was crazy, maybe she was weird, but she could only alter so much of herself to fit this role she had been playing. "Therefore, I am overly delighted with this simple visit. I consider myself lucky to have stumbled upon you and to be here now," Layla smiled at his searching gaze.

Leonard's immediate response was a flick of an ear and a short laugh. "Oh, well I thought we were going to venture to the beach you had yet to see. We should catch the sunset there," she said as he lifted away his gaze. Layla shook out her mane and returned to her happy stride next to the dark male. Leonard bent to pick up a couple pebbles and begin juggling two between his hands. He did all of this without pausing. If he was working his way back to recovery, it wouldn't be long before he was back to the old Leonard, whatever that was.

Suddenly, Layla was confronted with the scent of many other canines, none she really recognized. He told her that it wouldn't be much longer. With these scents accompanying the statement, it made sense. "So visiting the Lake first, then the beach?" she asked with a smile. That was apparently the plan as the trees disappeared, leaving Layla feel exposed. Layla was lead to a hill, one of many she could see, and Leonard nodded to the left. Following the direction, Layla saw a body of water. "Rabbit Lake?" she asked for clarification.

Fuzzy brown caught her side glace and Layla looked at it, identifying it as a small herd of moose. Her mouth watered at the sight, thinking how hard food was for her to catch. "You must live comfortably in your pack," Layla said. She looked down at her own torso. The female was surprised to see light definition of her ribs. It wasn't too noticeable, and rather easy to ignore, but the fact that they used to not show made her previous hunger more real. Sighing, she thought, better this and freedom than fat and boredom.

Layla felt Leonard look to her and she raised her blue gaze to meet his. He asked her for her opinion on his home. "I'm jealous," she laughed. Even though she had the feeling of being exposed, everything was quite relaxing and without worry. "It's very peaceful here. Cubs must bound around all the time," she added. "How far is the beach from here?" she asked. Not that this place wasn't good enough, Layla always possessed a love for wondering and exploring.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread