never discovered
[html]
Oh, my, my, you're oh so sly.
___ Andrezej. Continued from here.

Let's leave unsaid what's left unspoken.
___ Hybrid cackled loudly, delighted at the sheer curiosity of this boy. He knew what he wanted, and most importantly, he knew what he wanted to know. He knew that he was not yet intelligent enough to go about his own business without first gathering the necessary information, organizing it, and in some time, understanding it. Perhaps now he was able to grasp the basic concepts, simple underlying truths that frequented much of Hybrid's speech. The atrocity that was the wolf, the disgrace that they were to all living canines. Perhaps he might note the more subtle ideas, the thought of killing a wolf and using everything he had to his advantage. A fight was not simply two creatures rushing at one another: it was a beautiful art of thought, time, words, teeth, claws, blood, and so much more. The winner was the one with the experience, or the knowledge, or perhaps the sheer luck. There were many factors that could determine the victor of a fight, that could allow one to slay another. There was much to take into account, and Hybrid hoped that some day, this child would be able to gain experience and figure out his own way of maiming and killing.
___ His cackle dwindled down into a malicious sneer, and he continued to regard the boy with a critical eye. "I won't lie to you, kid. They're pretty stupid, but don't ever underestimate your enemy. No matter how many mistakes they make, you don't know what they will do. Or for that matter, what they will say. A wolf might trick you into doing something you don't mean, mostly because they are extremely stubborn. If they can't hurt you one way, they'll try another. They're tricky creatures, and while they're not too smart, that doesn't mean they can't pretend to know what they're talking about." He paused, eyeing the boy once more. Although he was not necessarily describing what a wolf looked like, or what they smelled like, this sort of information was invaluable in its own respect. The boy would form his own opinions of wolves in due time, but Hybrid's stereotyping of wolves was how he saw them, and was how many others before him had regarded them.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread