there i was with my back to the wall
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... pik1-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Want to wrap this up soon? We can do a fade-to-black where they talk some more, or whatever you want! <3

Kansas was also one who couldn't comprehend why blood relations would be of any importance. Love was love, whether you were related or not, and there were so many different kinds of love. He couldn't quite explain what he felt for Naniko, not really knowing what it was himself. All he could say for sure was that it was a combination of things; he frightened himself when he tried to label them. He was closer to her than he had been to any of his other siblings (aside from Firefly as a pup), and this was more proof than he needed.

He smiled gratefully. At this point, his optimism had diminished, thus he was very doubtful that their searches would be fruitful. But with mutiple wolves looking for Ember, he knew he could rest more easily. Perhaps he needed to let go enitrely, but his wounds were too fresh and painful for him to just forget about so soon.

Though once jealousy had tickled Kansas' insides whenever Conri was mentioned, he had matured to the point of knowing that Conri was important to Naniko - so, naturally, the male was also important to Kansas. He made Naniko happy, gave her another individual to boundlessly love. He didn't know much about the cinnamon male, but hearing that he had been taken by a family member and treated badly was just unimaginable. Kansas nodded solemnly. "I'm sorry. I'll have to tell him that myself when I meet him."

She didn't even hesitate to welcome him into her home. Just greeted the request with a smile and a cheery answer; his heart soared as it hadn't in quite a long time. He hated living as a loner; it was a pointless and grueling life. "Thank you. It means a lot to know that I can come stay with you and your family. I'll come by soon, after I've looked around for Ember and my mother for a few days," he hugged her softly, his eyes doleful and full of thanks.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread